[VAC] Re: Aluminum source

Hello

I am new to the Airstream business, but let me be presumptuous enough to try
to answer your question concerning outriggers.  If you have access to the
book Airsteam  by Burkhart and Hunt look at the picture of an Airstream
frame with the skin off on page 74.  The main floor support members are
channels which run forward and back (length of the trailer) and are
supported on the axles.  All the other parts of the framing attach to these
channels.  The channels between these two beams are joists and the ones
which project beyond the main channel beams (towards the outside of the
trailer) are the outriggers.  The Airstream's body shell frame bears on the
ends of these outriggers.  If you look at a framing diagram for a simple
platform framed house you will see a similar configuration.

Michael Weinberger