[VAC] Plastic tank repair

Steve,

Guess I got my plumbing as I was referring to the black water tank and you
were referring to the potable water tank.  A bit of difference.

I have my potable water tank, that installs under the front window, removed
from my '69 Safari.  I will check it to see if it has the cracks you refer
to.

I'm having considerable problem finding a connecting tube from the outside
fill to the tank.  The original was dry and had broken lose from the tank.
Obviously some of the floor rot in the pump area came from the loose
connection.  I was told that the pump was defective and I found a new
replacement in the Safari.  Replacing the old belt driven pump with a new
shurflo is proving to be a bit more difficult than I would have expected.
Did you need a replacement connecting tube?

As you found, I would not have found the rot if I hadn't removed the
furniture to check the floor.  The original tile was still in place and hid
the damaged floor.  Also, the heat duct to the compartment was totally
disintegrated.  Heating the compartment is kind of important for freeze
situations.  I'm thinking of moving the pump from the compartment to the
under galley sink compartment so it will be simple to service the filter and
pump.  Since I've not been able to use the trailer and look at the
functional aspects of where components are located, I'm sort of striking out
in the dark.

Thanks for the information.

                                                 '69 Safari, Joy