[VAC] Re: Toilet for a 64 Globetrotter

Leslie,

My '66 Safari has a similar toilet enclosure and I have the original
porcelain toilet.  It is a Thetford model 1400.  I searched
http://www.thetford.com, found their toll free number, and called several
weeks ago for repair parts.  I was told parts were not available but the
Thetford rep told me the model name and number of the current Thetford
toilet that is a similar sized replacement.  I later got an experienced A/S
mechanic to find and install an overhaul kit in my original toilet so didn't
pursue a replacement.

If for some reason you can't locate a new toilet that will fit the
enclosure, as a last resort you could cut away the fiberglass enclosure,
trim the raw edge beside the lavatory base with cabinetry or whatever, and
install a free standing toilet of whatever size is desired.

Harvey Barlow