[VAC] Re: General Maintenance frequency

Not much.   We bought our 1971 Globe Trotter from Turner Airstream (near
Pittsburgh, PA) in about 1986. They said it was in good condition. They did
not lie!  It had been well maintained over it's life and Turner did a god
job making sure everything was ready to go. It has never had a major
failure. I had to replace tires once.  I had to adjust the pilot in the
furnace and fix a few things that the kids broke. I reupholstered it myself.
I doubt I've spent $100 a year on it if you average it out ...if fact, I
KNOW that I haven't spent that much.  It's an excellent unit and I'm proud
to own it!

This year I have to go out there and glue down some Formica on the counter
top that's lifting up a bit.  A few weeks ago I replaced a bad panel on one
of my closets, but that was because of the flood we had in 1996. I don't
think there's anything else I have to do to it to get it going ...except to
take it up to get it state inspected for the year. That'll cost me $12  !

I had to by the decrepit 1963 Globe Trotter that I have in order to have
something to fix!

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer