[VAC] Re: removal of black water tank shroud

Jim,

I thought I'd jump in here and say that the techinque of welding to a broken
stud is pretty generally accepted be it what ever loosens the bolt.
Certainly, it's better than using an ease-out as I seldom have success.  All
this said, how many on the list have tried hitting a quarter inch bolt with
a welding rod and getting the arc to strike?  A TIG with a high frequency
start is pretty simple if there's room for the gun.  The problem is seeing
what you are doing through a 10 plus lens.  I use a photo lens and can just
barely get the job done.  Don't know how the welders before this modern
stuff ever got the small stuff done.  Hat's off to professional welders.

TIG welds aluminum just great!

                                                       Joy