[VAC] Re: removal of black water tank shroud

I've heard of that welding technique. I can't weld, so can't use that.
The 3/4 bolt I was talking about had both ends exposed but the nut
rusted fast and the bolt spun freely. I have a larger impact wrench now
that might have moved it. the 5/8" broken in the casting was below the
surface and as I got down to the threads I found something black in the
threads that locked the remains. I don't know if the heat from welding
would have broken the black or not. I do think that the welding heat is
the most effective part of the operation.

Gerald J.