[VAC] Re: removal of black water tank shroud

WD-40 penetrates rust about like the water that made the rust. Liquid
wrench is detectably better, but the best stuff is Kroil from Kano-Labs.
(look up their web page). Some believe that PB Blaster (sold at Walmart
among other places) is as good as Kroil. I've not tested PB Blaster as
hard as Kroil yet.

For removing really rusted hardware on farm equipment, I've found that a
die grinder with a 3" diameter cut off wheel can take nuts or bolts
apart without damaging anything in the surroundings, better than a nut
splitter (which sometimes splits nuts or sometimes splits itself), or
blue wrench (acetylene cutting torch) in skilled hands. One can often
buy a die grinder for under $20 and for sure under $30 that takes air to
operate. Electric die grinders are more expensive and while the normal
Dremel tool approximates one, its in miniature, not so handy for
machinery and Airstream sized hardware.

Gerald J.