[VAC] Air Conditioner/Refrigerator

We have a 1966 Overlander and have just taken it to an R.V. repairman to check out the appliances.  He told us that the refrigerator leaked and would cost $400 to fix.  The air conditioner was shot and a used Zenith(?) would cost $350 and a new (brand unknown) would cost $550.

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a new Dometic refrigerator to fit under the counter?  Our serviceman didn't think we could buy a new one with the same dimensions.  Also, is there a particular brand of air conditioner that is recommended?  How big is the hole in the roof when the air conditioner is removed?  Did someone awhile back mention putting a plastic bubble on the roof for a skylight in place of an air conditioner?  The shelves on the door of the existing frig are broken but the exterior is wood and looks nice with the cupboards.  Suggestions as to repair or replace the frig?  Buy a used or new air conditioner or not at all.  We are in Montana and will use the Airstream primarily in state.  Thanks.

Alice Ammen