[VAC] Capetown to Cairo in "09"

Even wars have become less polite.  In the 70's I ran
a road block between Ethiopia and Eritriea at midnight
on a motorcycle without lights and ended up driving
through solders marching across the road. We were all
so shocked that nothing happened and generally they
had no beef with outsiders.  Maybe we could put keflar
inside the trailers and put in some port holes.  But
seriously if you can get through the Sudan - Ethiopia
area the rest would be easy and after Kenya there are
several routes to go depending which country is at war
(Uganda was when I was there).  Also the language
barrier is not so bad on the east coast because of the
British.  Generally the consulate is very conservative
and they like to scare everyone.

The trip would not be for the faint of heart, it would
be hard and fun (if you live through it).  We may be
able to get miliary escorts in the ruff places, on a
bus trip through there the Ethopian military gave our
bus an escort.  I think it is possible and I would
love to do it.  It would take some diplomatic work.