[VAC] Propane Tanks - 63 Bambi

Hi All:

I have a 63 Bambi and when I bought it - the seller
said the propane tanks need to be switched out as they
are past/at the safe zone and several suppliers said
they would no longer fill them.

I thought I needed to replace the tanks and the
regulator (all the stuff on the front), but a local RV
shop says I should bring the old tank and they can
order me a replacement with the same fitting but it
will have the "valve protector" (doo-hickey if you
asked me) standard.

What do you all think?  I don't want to pay more than
I need to.

Also, does Camping World change tires and wheel
bearings?

Thanks,

Sharon