[VAC] Re: Front dinette for '62 GT

I did that in a 1963 GT.   Are you looking for a furniture quality dinette
or a simple one like I did?  We have 5 kids. All can sit at the dinette I
made. I made a "U" shaped seat around the front. It has a table on a support
that comes off and drops into the "U" to form a bed. It has plywood seats
that lift up and reveal large storage areas. I used 3 inch foam to make the
pads. It's made of 2 by 2's and luan plywood.  The foam cost quite a lot,
but the lumber was inexpensive. I probably have about $30 in lumber and
hardware. I think it looks okay, but I was looking for utility, not
cosmetics. The luan plywood resembles the rest of the cabinetry in the
trailer.

My original gaucho had some rot problems, but I saved everything to put it
back the way it was if I decide to do that later. Right now I need the
seating for the kids.

I also had to make a hammock and a drop down bed so that everyone could
sleep in there!

If you (or anyone else) is interested, I can borrow a camera and put
pictures on my web page.

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer