[VAC] Re: Batteries

Jim & Gerald,

I have only followed the ongoing discussions about various brands and types
of converters and batteries loosely because the converter in my vintage
trailer seems to work normally and there are already enough parts and
appliances on my list that will or may require replacement that I'm not
looking for any additional items to purchase.  I don't normally do any
extended trailering without shore power so solar power and higher quality
batteries have not been a priority.

But when you frame the discussion in terms of a better converter allowing
the batteries to last longer therefore paying for the new and improved
converter, the topic became a little more interesting to me.

What off-the-shelf converter do you recommend and what is the approximate
cost?  Any other advantages or disadvantages?

Thanks,
Harvey