[VAC] Re: List troubles, or my provider? Or just slow ...

I checked the server logs.  All postings sent to the VACList@airstream.net
address were collected, processed and sent out to all 328 subscribers.
I think things have just been slow.

BTW, the new InterScan VirusWall software intercepted our friends
"hahahsexyfun" as they tried to post their little virus again to the
list.  Squashed it good!  It was an expensive upgrade, but it will stop
any & all e-mail viruses from now on, and gets new definitions updated
daily automatically.

With each posting about 6 of the 300+ e-mail's get bounced back, usually
for mailboxes exceeding their quota.  Remember, go inactive or select
daily digests if you won't be picking up your mail for a few days.

Occasionally, some are returned because the subscribers ISP mail Post
Office server doesn't respond.  My server will try for 8 hours, and if
it still can't deliver it, it bounces it over to an error address where
I can see whose ISP's aren't too reliable out there ;>)

I've eliminated the duplicate old messages by no longer relaying to the
@Home mail server - I send out direct to the Internet now.  @Home is an
ISP with frequent mail problems.

Later,
RJ