[VAC] Re: Window frames

RJ, and Melanie,
I need to replace the front window frame on my 61 Bambi, ( the frame
that houses the glass)  and your comments intrigued me.  The aluminum
extrusion was originally made by Hehr, and was special the way it
connected at the corners, and the piece that connected to the opening
lever.   Are those type extrusions standard fare at most sheet metal or
fabrication shops????  Will the new extrusions house glass and take the
needed rubber for sealing the glass??   Will the extrusions need to be
welded at the corners or riveted???   Old Airstream windows and all of
their associated hardware are as much a "Mystery" to me as "Polishing "
used to be.  Thanks again RJ, for shedding a little light on and through
those mysterious "windows".

Bill Scott
Charter Member and Membership Chairman
Washington DC Unit,  WBCCI   #3221