[VAC] Re: air lift compressor

Have you got any idea who manufactured the pump on your air lifts?

I think I got mine from J.C. Whitney.  It seems to take about 5 minutes to
pump up the shocks to full pressure ....or as much as the pump can pump
them, anyway. There are no numbers on the gauge, so I have no idea how many
pounds they are carrying.

I bought a high volume pump for air mattresses at Walmart for about $12. It
works very well. We've had it for years and it pumps up a 48 inch wide air
mattress in about 2 minutes.

I might be able to make my high pressure 12v pump work properly again  if I
find some decent hose for it.  The pump and motor works OK, it's just the
rubber hose that was no good. But ....I can't see how it could possibly pump
up to the advertised 250 pounds it says on the package. It seems to take
forever to get the air shocks up to 150 pounds. That's why  the rubber hose
exploded. It heated up because it was on so long. There must be a better
pump made. I hope somebody who has one reveals what kind I should buy!