[VAC] Re: solar solution

Thanks Jim those are some excellent re/sources!  Almost looks like one
could hook up a whole house to some of these RV systems, for a lot
cheaper than the whole-house systems that are sold as packages (usually
estimated in the $10,000 to $20,000 range!).  Am I correct in assuming
that if one's average energy consumption is 12 kwh/day, this could be
covered by a 500 watt system (12 kwh /day divided by 24 hours/day times
1000 watts/kw)?  Am I missing something?  Peak demand maybe?

--Sarah