[VAC] Hello!

Hello Everyone-
   My name is Julie Gamache and my husband is Shamus.  We are new to
Airstreaming and the VACList.  By accident, we happened upon the big rally
in Dayton, Ohio two summers ago.  We toured the grounds of the "Nutter
Center" on our bikes in awe!  To our surprise, we fell in love with the "big
silver hotdogs". So, we made a trip up to the Airstream factory which is
just an our north of my Father's house. Last October we move to
Oregon(contrary to my email adress) and purchased a 32 foot Airstream
Sovereign that we have been living in on a friend's property ever since.
   Short of a few leaky window seals and a testy heater, it seems to be in
fine shape. We have plans to do a full restoration in a couple of years
after we buy a  house to live in permanently.  Unfortunatly, 1976 was one of
the years that Airstream tried out the clear-coat idea. Ours is pealing
badly and it looks as if our home has cancer.  Do any of you know the best
way to remove the clear-coat to allow us to polish the aluminum properly?
   Our trailer's history is greatly unknown to us.  It does not have any
WBCCI reg. numbers on it but it does have the word M I S S O U R I in
stickers on the door side and one double bed in the center. If that sounds
familiar to any of you we would love to hear more about it.
   For now we are stationary Airstreamers but, we hope to get a tow vehicle
soon so we can make it to the Washington rally this summer to meet some of
you fine folks in person!
    Sincerely, Julie Gamache (Jules)