[VAC] Re: Winter camping

Terry,
 Thanks for your commiseration on all points:

Near as I can tell, there is no heat being blown into the valve
compartment from our furnace, nor am I sure that I'd want that extreme
heat loss. It IS something to think about, and an option that crossed my
mind.

Your idea of an indoor/outdoor thermometer to monitor the temps in
critical areas is a good one, I have such a setup in my garage at home
to monitor the pipes near the water pressure tank. We have an I/O
thermometer, of course, with the "outdoor" bulb snaked down under the
trailer. I checked the temperature of the freshwater fitting with one of
those heat sensing "guns"; I normally use it to check tire and wheel
bearing temps when travelling. A small muffin fan will circulate enough
heat to keep that fitting from freezing in the future.

'Preciate the report on the satisfaction with your insulated glass
windows. ("Themopane" is a registered trademark of LOF, I believe; not
all I.G. is "Thermopane") We've considered checking into some sort of
storm windows before our next Winter sojurn.

Thanks again, Terry, it's always nice to hear from your depth of
experience!

                                             <<Jim>>