[VAC] Please help A.S.A.P.!!!

Hello,

We just joined the discussion group and this is our note to say Hi! We
also have a few questions. We are in the process of contemplating a
purchase of a 1968 Airstream International. The asking price was $4500
but the guy will take $2800. He needs to get rid of it (just used it
temporarily while building his house). Everything is original and has
not been restored. All parts seem to be on board with the exception of a
few cabinet doors under the bed. All appliances, heat, air, water and
bathroon with shower are in working order. It has two new tires, a new
aftermarket awning, aftermarket Coleman airconditioner, new carpet, and
two new 30 gal. propane tanks. It has a Reese hitch and the electric
jack works. There is some minor water damage near the kitchen sink and
the floor in the bathroom sags a bit in one spot. The seller says the
wood underneath is in good condition, just the support under the floor
needs re-worked. Some of the curtains are missing and the upholstery
needs to be re-done. All of the original plastic trays are still in
place. Our dilemma is, not only do we not know if this is a great steal
or a not-so-good deal, but we are leaving on vacation on 7/14/00. We
hoped to give him an answer before we go but we desperately need some
advise.He says that he had an offer of $3900 in the beginning and is
kicking himself for not taking it. This is only the second Airstream we
have seen the interior of and don't quite know what to expect,
especially a 1968. Any advise or tips of what to look for would be
greatly appreciated, as well as a second opinion on the price, A.S.A.P.
We read a site from an owner who stated that you helped them figure out
what they "should have paid" and we don't want that to happen to us!!

Hope to hear from you soon!!!

Jeff and Angie Goetz,
Nashville, TN