Re: [VAC] Expanding foam sealant

I understand some of these expanding foams have been reformulated to reduce the
volume of expansion compared to the first formulations that were marketed a few
years ago.  One real life account I know of was a fellow who decided to
eliminate the drafts around the double hung windows in his house, so he shot
Great Stuff into the void area between the jambs and the framing of the rough
opening for the window.  The great stuff expanded so greatly that it bowed the
jambs in tight against the sashes, and as a result his "double hungs" became
"fixed panes."   And it's one of those decisions that is fairly unforgiving, if
not irreversible, in nature.  Once you've done it, you will either live with the
result or expend a lot of effort to undo it.