Re: [VAC] Windows

Our hardware store has 'cut to length' screen frame aluminum extrusion
that interlocks with their pre-made aluminum corners.  The extrusion has
a slot where the vinyl cord pushes into, securing the screen in place
just like the original Hehr windows.  I can get the brand name next time
if anyone interested.  Only difference is that their cord is a larger
diameter & ribbed instead of smooth, so it won't work in existing Hehr
window screens.

I contacted the head Los Angeles office of Hehr Int'l, and they deferred
me to All-Rite windows in Hollister, CA as a source for repair
materials.  All All-Rite have is that glass retainer strip in brown and
black (yuck!) that doesn't fit well and the window latches (in red -
still made for RV window emergency release handles).  Here is their website:
http://www.all-rite-ca.com/favorite.htm

Has anyone seen a source for the 1/8" gray vinyl cord that Hehr used?
Airstream also used it on the interior to hold the bottom of the window
curtains against the walls.  We need a bunch.

RJ & Krista
'65 Caravel