Re: [VAC] Restoration Update -water fill

That's tougher. There's no short helicoil that I've ever seen for that
size.

I can see solutions:

1. Replacement new or used parts.

2. Finding a welding/machine shop that works aluminum (I presume its
aluminum) to weld up where the threads were and then that can machine
new threads. Around here, I'd have to go to a separate shop for the
aluminum welding and for the threading if I didn't do the threads
myself. There's metal gone so it takes the welding to put metal back so
it can be cut into threads again. It would be far more productive to
have the water inlet off the trailer so it can be put in the lathe.

3. A cobble, a spring loaded bail, not far from the wire clamped mason
jar lid bail.

4. Not original but effective: A stopper like used for a thermos bottle.
In industrial supplies they come in many diameters. I have a tractor
that uses one to plug the oil filler hole that is made a lot like the
water filler on an AS. This plug wouldn't accept a pressurization valve,
but one could be tapped into the side of the water inlet.

5. A pair of military style equipment case latches.

6. A leather strap with a buckle.

7. A short bunge cord (wouldn't handle much pressure).

Gerald J.