Re: [VAC] New to group

Evan, the weights listed below are dry weights, with no options. Experience dictates that you add between 1000 to 1500# for the options, propane, and stuff that you will need to put into it. Tongue weights will be 10 to 15% of the loaded weight. Also be aware that most car manufacturers, when determining the maximum towing weights, include only the driver in the tow vehicle. Any additional stuff or people reduces the weight allowed for towing.

I believe that your van, although a nice one, is not going to be up to the task for long. I'm sure that people have overloaded vehicles like this before and have been OK, but for safety reasons, I would choose not to.

Scott
1960 Overlander