The Silver Streak E-mail List

Digest Archive Files


Silver Streak Digest V1 #385




Silver Streak Digest       Friday, June 8 2007       Volume 01 : Number 385




-----------------------------------------------------------------
When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary Digest text

To unsubscribe or change to an e-mail format, please go to
http://www.tompatterson.com/Silverstreak/List/listoffice.html

Topics in Today's Digest:

Re: [SilverStreak] Water heater replacement?
Re: [SilverStreak] Water heater replacement?
[SilverStreak] Just getting started
RE: [SilverStreak] Just getting started
Re: [SilverStreak] Just getting started
Re: [SilverStreak] Just getting started
[SilverStreak] Grey water tanks
Re: [SilverStreak] Grey water tanks
Re: [SilverStreak] Grey water tanks
Re: [SilverStreak] Just getting started
[SilverStreak] Anothr Newbe
Re: [SilverStreak] Grey water tanks
Re: [SilverStreak] Anothr Newbe
Re: [SilverStreak] Grey water tanks
Re: [SilverStreak] Anothr Newbe
Re: [SilverStreak] Anothr Newbe

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 22:23:34 -0700
From: Jd Lyall <news@lyalls.net>
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Water heater replacement?

Jonathan Toups wrote:
> Am I embarking on a nightmare thinking that I can somewhat directly replace
> the water heater with a new one?
> 
> Anyone tried out the tank-less water heaters in a SS? Do they actually work
> as good as the manufacture claims?
> 
I replaced my water heater myself. I got an electric/gas unit so I don't 
  use propane when I'm plugged in. I don't remember the brand right now 
but it claims to have a ceramic liner.

I have a tankless in the house. WOrks nice. The RV units are a lot more 
expensive I hear.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 11:01:57 EDT
From: MSC06USNret@aol.com
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Water heater replacement?

I installed a new electric/gas water heater into the side of my 1958 SS  
Clipper. It fit perfectly under the bench-bed on the driver side in the rear of  
the wheel well.  That also provided me with full closet space where the old  
heater was.  I painted the door with aluminum paint and it looks great and  
works perfectly. regards, jim



************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 15:44:44 -0500
From: <pilkington@bellsouth.net>
Subject: [SilverStreak] Just getting started

Hi, My name is Ann Woodson. My husband (Bradley)  and I just bought a 1971 
silver streak 30 foot trailer.  We kinda stumbled up on it just looking for 
a travel trailer for him to use when he had to work out of town. We found it 
in a local buy and sell paper, and when we drove up to see it , It didn't 
look very impressive. The outside was tarnished and someone had repainted 
the gold, with a cream color house paint. Again we knew nothing about the 
silver streak except they were on the same line as an air stream. Once we 
walked in, We were in Love. The inside is wonderful. It is a full bed model, 
the table is missing and the bathroom has been retiled. But other than that 
the carpet is perfect and matches the light green counter top which is also 
perfect the stove and ref are also just as it came from the factory. I am 
not sure about the built in microwave under the stove top, Was there even 
a microwave in 1971????   It lookes just like the advertisement that I saw 
on this web site.  Now we need help restoring it. We are hooked.  I will 
send pictures as soon as My husband gets home, again we bought it for him 
to use when he worked away from home.  We just bought it last Saturday, and 
still are finding new things about it .  He called Monday to tell me there 
was a door bell, and then Thursday to tell me it was made especially for 
Dot and Si Haverle.  Any advise is welcomed.  Thanks!!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 13:54:22 -0800
From: "Ralph Cooke" <rcooke@bak.rr.com>
Subject: RE: [SilverStreak] Just getting started

Subject: [SilverStreak] Just getting started

Ann,

Congratulations on your new Silver Streak, I'm sure you won't ever
regret your new acquisition.  Generally "Silver Streaks" and
"Streamlines" were a cut above Airstream in overall quality, and were
built on stronger frames.

I suggest you have the brakes checked out and have the wheel bearings
repacked first thing.  If the tires are more than 5 years old, have
them replace with "trailer" tires.  These are tires that you air up to
80 PSI and are specifically built for trailers.  They are safer, also
more durable than passenger car tires, and give better "sway" control.

Check to see if a "Grey Water" tank has been added.  On trailers build
prior to 1973 only a "Black Water" Holding tank for the toilet was
installed.  Sink and shower runoff was drained directly to the ground
via a hose fitting in the drain cover.  In 1973 the EPA required that
all direct drain of "Grey Water" be sent to a sewer, or collected in a
portable tank, then drained to a sewer.  I was fortunate in that my
1972 26' Silver Streak had a 35 gallon "Grey Water" tank
professionally added in the mid 1970's.

Check to see if the Propane Tanks have had the new fill valves
installed, due to Federal Low, propane suppliers will no longer refill
tanks with the older valves.

If you go to Tom's website, you should be able to download drawings,
schematics and other data on the equipment in your Silver Streak.

Tom's web site, forums etc. are the very best resource for our "Silver
Streak" and "Streamline" trailers, and his efforts in setting up and
maintaining the web sites are much appreciated by all.

Ralph Cooke

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 17:00:50 -0500
From: "Tom Patterson" <pattersontj@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Just getting started

Just one possible correction.

I can't speak for Silver Streaks, but suspect that they may have been 
constructed the same as the Streamline.

The Airstream prior to 1973 did indeed have the grey water outlet running 
directly to ground.  This was however not the case with the earlier 
Streamlines.  My 1965 Streamline came direct from the factory with both 
"black" and "grey" lines running to the same single tank, with no outlet 
directly to the ground for the grey water.

- -Tom

- ----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ralph Cooke" <rcooke@bak.rr.com>
To: <sslist@tompatterson.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 4:54 PM
Subject: RE: [SilverStreak] Just getting started


> Subject: [SilverStreak] Just getting started
>
> Ann,
>
> Congratulations on your new Silver Streak, I'm sure you won't ever
> regret your new acquisition.  Generally "Silver Streaks" and
> "Streamlines" were a cut above Airstream in overall quality, and were
> built on stronger frames.
>
> I suggest you have the brakes checked out and have the wheel bearings
> repacked first thing.  If the tires are more than 5 years old, have
> them replace with "trailer" tires.  These are tires that you air up to
> 80 PSI and are specifically built for trailers.  They are safer, also
> more durable than passenger car tires, and give better "sway" control.
>
> Check to see if a "Grey Water" tank has been added.  On trailers build
> prior to 1973 only a "Black Water" Holding tank for the toilet was
> installed.  Sink and shower runoff was drained directly to the ground
> via a hose fitting in the drain cover.  In 1973 the EPA required that
> all direct drain of "Grey Water" be sent to a sewer, or collected in a
> portable tank, then drained to a sewer.  I was fortunate in that my
> 1972 26' Silver Streak had a 35 gallon "Grey Water" tank
> professionally added in the mid 1970's.
>
> Check to see if the Propane Tanks have had the new fill valves
> installed, due to Federal Low, propane suppliers will no longer refill
> tanks with the older valves.
>
> If you go to Tom's website, you should be able to download drawings,
> schematics and other data on the equipment in your Silver Streak.
>
> Tom's web site, forums etc. are the very best resource for our "Silver
> Streak" and "Streamline" trailers, and his efforts in setting up and
> maintaining the web sites are much appreciated by all.
>
> Ralph Cooke

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 15:51:32 -0700
From: "Richard Closson" <clossonmbs@altrionet.com>
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Just getting started

On my 71 SS the shower drain and bathroom sink drain 'Y" together, this line 
joins with the line from the kitchen sink drain and the outlet of the black 
water (toilet) holding tank. The black water tank is segregated with a 
sliding gate. All three drain to the outside through a common outlet.
You can get a Thetford cap with a garden hose female connection to run a 
hose to a portable tank or connect a sewer hose. Valterra also makes a 
Universal Adapter that converts Thetford waste valves to standard waste 
valve caps and hose adapters.
- ----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tom Patterson" <pattersontj@sbcglobal.net>
To: <sslist@tompatterson.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Just getting started


> Just one possible correction.
>
> I can't speak for Silver Streaks, but suspect that they may have been 
> constructed the same as the Streamline.
>
> The Airstream prior to 1973 did indeed have the grey water outlet running 
> directly to ground.  This was however not the case with the earlier 
> Streamlines.  My 1965 Streamline came direct from the factory with both 
> "black" and "grey" lines running to the same single tank, with no outlet 
> directly to the ground for the grey water.
>
> -Tom
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Ralph Cooke" <rcooke@bak.rr.com>
> To: <sslist@tompatterson.com>
> Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 4:54 PM
> Subject: RE: [SilverStreak] Just getting started
>
>
>> Subject: [SilverStreak] Just getting started
>>
>> Ann,
>>
>> Congratulations on your new Silver Streak, I'm sure you won't ever
>> regret your new acquisition.  Generally "Silver Streaks" and
>> "Streamlines" were a cut above Airstream in overall quality, and were
>> built on stronger frames.
>>
>> I suggest you have the brakes checked out and have the wheel bearings
>> repacked first thing.  If the tires are more than 5 years old, have
>> them replace with "trailer" tires.  These are tires that you air up to
>> 80 PSI and are specifically built for trailers.  They are safer, also
>> more durable than passenger car tires, and give better "sway" control.
>>
>> Check to see if a "Grey Water" tank has been added.  On trailers build
>> prior to 1973 only a "Black Water" Holding tank for the toilet was
>> installed.  Sink and shower runoff was drained directly to the ground
>> via a hose fitting in the drain cover.  In 1973 the EPA required that
>> all direct drain of "Grey Water" be sent to a sewer, or collected in a
>> portable tank, then drained to a sewer.  I was fortunate in that my
>> 1972 26' Silver Streak had a 35 gallon "Grey Water" tank
>> professionally added in the mid 1970's.
>>
>> Check to see if the Propane Tanks have had the new fill valves
>> installed, due to Federal Low, propane suppliers will no longer refill
>> tanks with the older valves.
>>
>> If you go to Tom's website, you should be able to download drawings,
>> schematics and other data on the equipment in your Silver Streak.
>>
>> Tom's web site, forums etc. are the very best resource for our "Silver
>> Streak" and "Streamline" trailers, and his efforts in setting up and
>> maintaining the web sites are much appreciated by all.
>>
>> Ralph Cooke
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary original text.
>
> To unsubscribe or change to a digest format, please go to
> http://www.tompatterson.com/Silverstreak/List/listoffice.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 15:57:45 -0700
From: Jd Lyall <news@lyalls.net>
Subject: [SilverStreak] Grey water tanks

Tom Patterson wrote:
> Just one possible correction.
> 
> I can't speak for Silver Streaks, but suspect that they may have been 
> constructed the same as the Streamline.
> 
> The Airstream prior to 1973 did indeed have the grey water outlet 
> running directly to ground.  This was however not the case with the 
> earlier Streamlines.  My 1965 Streamline came direct from the factory 
> with both "black" and "grey" lines running to the same single tank, with 
> no outlet directly to the ground for the grey water.
> 
> -Tom

My 1975 Streak has a grey water tank separate from the black water tank. 
Is it original? I don't really know. Having all the waste water go into 
one black tank doesn't seem like a good idea to me. My black/toilet 
water tank goes a long time before needing an emptying, but the 
grey/kitchen tank overflows after a few days of the family in it.

My bathroom sink/shower both go straight out the pipe, no tank. So, when 
the daughter uses the back sink while travelling it is there backed up 
behind the snoot when I hook up. I keep a dishpan ready for when I open 
up the sewer line.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 18:11:05 -0500
From: "Tom Patterson" <pattersontj@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Grey water tanks

As I said, I really don't know about Silver Steak.  After 1973, grey water 
tanks came into general use (and caused frame problems for Airstream), so I 
am not surprised at a 1975 having such a tank.

I also don't have the original setup any longer either.  I had a grey water 
tank added some years back.

- -Tom

- ----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jd Lyall" <news@lyalls.net>
To: <sslist@tompatterson.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 5:57 PM
Subject: [SilverStreak] Grey water tanks


> Tom Patterson wrote:
>> Just one possible correction.
>>
>> I can't speak for Silver Streaks, but suspect that they may have been 
>> constructed the same as the Streamline.
>>
>> The Airstream prior to 1973 did indeed have the grey water outlet running 
>> directly to ground.  This was however not the case with the earlier 
>> Streamlines.  My 1965 Streamline came direct from the factory with both 
>> "black" and "grey" lines running to the same single tank, with no outlet 
>> directly to the ground for the grey water.
>>
>> -Tom
>
> My 1975 Streak has a grey water tank separate from the black water tank. 
> Is it original? I don't really know. Having all the waste water go into 
> one black tank doesn't seem like a good idea to me. My black/toilet water 
> tank goes a long time before needing an emptying, but the grey/kitchen 
> tank overflows after a few days of the family in it.
>
> My bathroom sink/shower both go straight out the pipe, no tank. So, when 
> the daughter uses the back sink while travelling it is there backed up 
> behind the snoot when I hook up. I keep a dishpan ready for when I open up 
> the sewer line.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary original text.
>
> To unsubscribe or change to a digest format, please go to
> http://www.tompatterson.com/Silverstreak/List/listoffice.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 17:49:17 -0600
From: "CHRIS H BROWER" <chrishbr@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Grey water tanks

Tom,
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you have the axle flipped on your
streamline trailer which helped raise it higher in the air?  I have a 72
Silver Streak Continental Rocket and it's a grand trailer with EVERYTHING
original. It is, however, so low to the ground.
A couple years ago the city came in and changed the approach from the street
to the sidewalk and then my driveway.  My driveway drops below the sidewalk
and there's a moment when the truck's tires are low on the street and the
trailer is almost "high-centered" in the driveway when I back it in. I
actually bent one of the stabilizers of the trailer backing it into the
driveway.  It is an expensive thing to do?  What's involved.  I'm sure I have
a couple places that could do it but I'm wondering about expense.
Thanks,
Chris B
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tom Patterson<mailto:pattersontj@sbcglobal.net>
  To: sslist@tompatterson.com<mailto:sslist@tompatterson.com>
  Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 5:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Grey water tanks


  As I said, I really don't know about Silver Steak.  After 1973, grey water
  tanks came into general use (and caused frame problems for Airstream), so I
  am not surprised at a 1975 having such a tank.

  I also don't have the original setup any longer either.  I had a grey water
  tank added some years back.

  -Tom

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: "Jd Lyall" <news@lyalls.net<mailto:news@lyalls.net>>
  To: <sslist@tompatterson.com<mailto:sslist@tompatterson.com>>
  Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 5:57 PM
  Subject: [SilverStreak] Grey water tanks


  > Tom Patterson wrote:
  >> Just one possible correction.
  >>
  >> I can't speak for Silver Streaks, but suspect that they may have been
  >> constructed the same as the Streamline.
  >>
  >> The Airstream prior to 1973 did indeed have the grey water outlet running
  >> directly to ground.  This was however not the case with the earlier
  >> Streamlines.  My 1965 Streamline came direct from the factory with both
  >> "black" and "grey" lines running to the same single tank, with no outlet
  >> directly to the ground for the grey water.
  >>
  >> -Tom
  >
  > My 1975 Streak has a grey water tank separate from the black water tank.
  > Is it original? I don't really know. Having all the waste water go into
  > one black tank doesn't seem like a good idea to me. My black/toilet water
  > tank goes a long time before needing an emptying, but the grey/kitchen
  > tank overflows after a few days of the family in it.
  >
  > My bathroom sink/shower both go straight out the pipe, no tank. So, when
  > the daughter uses the back sink while travelling it is there backed up
  > behind the snoot when I hook up. I keep a dishpan ready for when I open up
  > the sewer line.
  >
  > ------------------------------------------------------------------
  > When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary original text.
  >
  > To unsubscribe or change to a digest format, please go to
  >
http://www.tompatterson.com/Silverstreak/List/listoffice.html<http://www.tomp
atterson.com/Silverstreak/List/listoffice.html>

  ------------------------------------------------------------------
  When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary original text.

  To unsubscribe or change to a digest format, please go to
  http://www.tompatterson.com/Silverstreak/List/listoffice.html<http://www.to
mpatterson.com/Silverstreak/List/listoffice.html>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 20:00:52 EDT
From: MikeC85664@aol.com
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Just getting started

Ann
My name is Mike Cronin and I'm also a Streaker. Mine is a 22 ft 1965. We  use 
it primarily for Vintage trailer rallies in Arizona and California.
 
With what are you going to pull your trailer ? We use an Expedition and  have 
had no problems, but your trailer is considerably larger and  heavier.
 
As far as the outside finish, I have tried several things but cheap  
stainless spray polish seems to work just fine. My wife found a six pack at  SamsClub 
or Costco.   It will look good for a week or so after  polishing. I use up 
about a can per rally. WD-40 works too but I prefer the  smell of the stainless 
polish. Silver Streaks are anodized and will never have  the mirror shine like 
Airstreams.
 
I'll attach a few photos  let me know if you can view them
 
Looking forward to your photos,
Mike
Phoenix AZ



************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Copy of DSC00009.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Copy of DSC00018.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Copy of DSC00020.JPG]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 17:38:19 -0700
From: "cjohn" <cjohn@olympus.net>
Subject: [SilverStreak] Anothr Newbe

Hi Tom, Name here is Christopher John and I picked up a 1964 SS Sabre 19, a
few weeks back...  Anyway I have two questions for you...  I've read over all
the past logs I could find, back to around 2002 I think and only heard of a
couple of the fellows who installed a gray water tank but they were in
something like a 26 and or 30 footer as I remember and I wondering ( with out
removing the belly pan) if I have the room and how much room or how big a tank
+/- a few gallons....
Also, I'm looking for the squirl cage fan for the electric heater... The unit
is a Homart sold by Sears Roebuck and Co.  It's called a Mighty Midget
Electric Heater.... model # 344-58211-1....120 volts... 2000 watts..  If you
have any ideas for me I sure could use some help here....  I just got my tow
truck finished and plan on giving the SS and haul this week-end... Get a few
miles on the set up and see how it feels....  I've never towed before so I'm
looking forward to the adventure....

                                                                             
                            Thanks Tom,  Christopher John

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 21:25:25 EDT
From: MSC06USNret@aol.com
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Grey water tanks

Two comments:  i added both a grey and black water tank to my 1958 SS  
clipper.  I also had a rear axle built so i would have electric  brakes.  and i did 
reverse the springs for added height (about  $650.00).  regards, jim



************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 21:34:57 EDT
From: MSC06USNret@aol.com
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Anothr Newbe

My SS clipper is 23 foot and i added both a grey and black water tank to  the 
rear area.  Took specially ordered tanks with the grey fitting between  the 
frame members - the shower with trap running down the outside edge and then  
into the side near the top, the sink running directly into the top with trap  
under the sink.  the black tank was again special order and runs outside  the 
frame for and aft - toilet directly into the top.  the grey has its own  shut 
off valve and runs through the black and then the black drains outside with  a 
second shut off valve.  Both work very well and provide me with about 35  
gallons catch BUT i never travel with any weight - the frame was not made for  
weight on the tail end....  Took me about a week to saws-all the cast iron  piping 
out from under the trailer and then when i was ready, about ten days to  
custom mount everything back under the trailer.  I did open the belly pans  up in 
the rear and then bought sheet aluminum and re-pop riveted everything back  
tight.  IT CAN BE DONE.  regards, jim  



************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 20:35:46 -0500
From: "Tom Patterson" <pattersontj@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Grey water tanks

I did have the axles flipped.  I honestly don't remember how much I paid. 
It was because of driveway problems as well.

- -Tom

- ----- Original Message ----- 
From: "CHRIS H BROWER" <chrishbr@msn.com>
To: <sslist@tompatterson.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 6:49 PM
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Grey water tanks


> Tom,
>    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you have the axle flipped on your
> streamline trailer which helped raise it higher in the air?  I have a 72
> Silver Streak Continental Rocket and it's a grand trailer with EVERYTHING
> original. It is, however, so low to the ground.
> A couple years ago the city came in and changed the approach from the 
> street
> to the sidewalk and then my driveway.  My driveway drops below the 
> sidewalk
> and there's a moment when the truck's tires are low on the street and the
> trailer is almost "high-centered" in the driveway when I back it in. I
> actually bent one of the stabilizers of the trailer backing it into the
> driveway.  It is an expensive thing to do?  What's involved.  I'm sure I 
> have
> a couple places that could do it but I'm wondering about expense.
> Thanks,
> Chris B
>  ----- Original Message -----
>  From: Tom Patterson<mailto:pattersontj@sbcglobal.net>
>  To: sslist@tompatterson.com<mailto:sslist@tompatterson.com>
>  Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 5:11 PM
>  Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Grey water tanks
>
>
>  As I said, I really don't know about Silver Steak.  After 1973, grey 
> water
>  tanks came into general use (and caused frame problems for Airstream), so 
> I
>  am not surprised at a 1975 having such a tank.
>
>  I also don't have the original setup any longer either.  I had a grey 
> water
>  tank added some years back.
>
>  -Tom
>
>  ----- Original Message -----
>  From: "Jd Lyall" <news@lyalls.net<mailto:news@lyalls.net>>
>  To: <sslist@tompatterson.com<mailto:sslist@tompatterson.com>>
>  Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 5:57 PM
>  Subject: [SilverStreak] Grey water tanks
>
>
>  > Tom Patterson wrote:
>  >> Just one possible correction.
>  >>
>  >> I can't speak for Silver Streaks, but suspect that they may have been
>  >> constructed the same as the Streamline.
>  >>
>  >> The Airstream prior to 1973 did indeed have the grey water outlet 
> running
>  >> directly to ground.  This was however not the case with the earlier
>  >> Streamlines.  My 1965 Streamline came direct from the factory with 
> both
>  >> "black" and "grey" lines running to the same single tank, with no 
> outlet
>  >> directly to the ground for the grey water.
>  >>
>  >> -Tom
>  >
>  > My 1975 Streak has a grey water tank separate from the black water 
> tank.
>  > Is it original? I don't really know. Having all the waste water go into
>  > one black tank doesn't seem like a good idea to me. My black/toilet 
> water
>  > tank goes a long time before needing an emptying, but the grey/kitchen
>  > tank overflows after a few days of the family in it.
>  >
>  > My bathroom sink/shower both go straight out the pipe, no tank. So, 
> when
>  > the daughter uses the back sink while travelling it is there backed up
>  > behind the snoot when I hook up. I keep a dishpan ready for when I open 
> up
>  > the sewer line.
>  >
>  > ------------------------------------------------------------------
>  > When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary original 
> text.
>  >
>  > To unsubscribe or change to a digest format, please go to
>  >
> http://www.tompatterson.com/Silverstreak/List/listoffice.html<http://www.tomp
> atterson.com/Silverstreak/List/listoffice.html>
>
>  ------------------------------------------------------------------
>  When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary original text.
>
>  To unsubscribe or change to a digest format, please go to
> 
> http://www.tompatterson.com/Silverstreak/List/listoffice.html<http://www.to
> mpatterson.com/Silverstreak/List/listoffice.html>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary original text.
>
> To unsubscribe or change to a digest format, please go to
> http://www.tompatterson.com/Silverstreak/List/listoffice.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 19:05:00 -0700
From: "cjohn" <cjohn@olympus.net>
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Anothr Newbe

Jim, Thanks for the advice and the tip about the frame not being heavy 
enough.  I don't like to carry extra weight so I dump on the way out the 
gate as a rule....I think my black tank is around 10 or 12 just from looking 
at it and if I got a 20 gallon gray water tank I think I'd be smilling.... 
I'll be carrying a tote tank for the time being... I guess it's mostly 
hands, dishes and showers anyway....Thanks for responding and I sure do take 
my hat off to Tom for taking the time to do this....  I wonder if he's a Ham 
too...  Thanks again Jim,  Christopher John  N7UTC

- ----- Original Message ----- 
From: <MSC06USNret@aol.com> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 22:29:59 -0500
From: "Carolyn" <hown@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Anothr Newbe

My husband had trouble finding some parts for the brakes on our 1983 35 
footer so he put new axles and everything on it. He also worked on the jacks 
and had to replace one that was bent. Now all that stuff is good.  He also 
took out the fridge and put in an electric one.  I ordered some parts for 
the stove but need to put a new control on the oven.  It's $125 and I'm 
debating if we need it.  We also replaced a lot of the lights.  The same 
vendor is still in business that made those and you can order cheaper 
directly from them then buying from the dealerships.  It's in California but 
I can't put my hands on the address.  I think we are going to do the floors 
in laminate.  I've seen it and it is really good looking.
- ----- Original Message ----- 
From: "cjohn" <cjohn@olympus.net>
To: <sslist@tompatterson.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 9:05 PM
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Anothr Newbe


> Jim, Thanks for the advice and the tip about the frame not being heavy 
> enough.  I don't like to carry extra weight so I dump on the way out the 
> gate as a rule....I think my black tank is around 10 or 12 just from 
> looking at it and if I got a 20 gallon gray water tank I think I'd be 
> smilling.... I'll be carrying a tote tank for the time being... I guess 
> it's mostly hands, dishes and showers anyway....Thanks for responding and 
> I sure do take my hat off to Tom for taking the time to do this....  I 
> wonder if he's a Ham too...  Thanks again Jim,  Christopher John  N7UTC
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: <MSC06USNret@aol.com>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary original text.
>
> To unsubscribe or change to a digest format, please go to
> http://www.tompatterson.com/Silverstreak/List/listoffice.html
>
>
>
> -- 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 
> 269.8.11/837 - Release Date: 6/6/2007 2:03 PM

------------------------------

End of Silver Streak Digest V1 #385
***********************************


-----------------------------------------------------------------
When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary Digest text

To unsubscribe or change to an e-mail format, please go to
http://www.tompatterson.com/Silverstreak/List/listoffice.html