RE: [A/S] Re: New Airstream BaseCamp

The problem is that the BaseCamp starts out as a $20,000 toy hauler without
ANY self containment features, beds or any furniture for that matter.  Yes,
you can outfit it to be fully self contained with two bed/sofas, small
kitchen, and portapottie (all, at extra cost).  I have heard some argue that
the fold out tent (which btw, is optional) makes it a non-starter.  I have
countered that the tent is no different than a ZipDee screenroom.   I agree
with Jack that if the club does not allow the BaseCamp into the club, they
have shot themselves in the foot as anyone that buys a BaseCamp, especially
at the price A/S will be asking, is most definitely a candidate for the big
brother in the fleet.  The club already has major issues attracting the
newest purchasers of A/S products (ie younger and with a decidedly different
idea as to what they want to do with their A/S) and denying the BaseCamp
simply alienates yet another set of potential members.

david