Re: [A/S] Florida Newby

> One thing I want to do is find out options for maintaining my Internet /
> www access.

Hi again Bob,

I moderate this list while living in my trailer.

You have a few choices to get online..

The  cheapest is wifi.  Many places now have wireless Internet.

Then the next pricey is a cellphone. I have Verizon and use my minutes during
the day and free minutes at night. The problem is, Verizon is slowly blocking
the free night minutes forcing people to pay for a data plan.

If you have a voice plan, minimum $39.00 you can also get a data plan for
59.00 more a month.  If you don't have a voice plan  the data plan is 79.00 a
month.

Those data plans are for broadband speeds and where BB isn't available it
gets high speed.

You can get bb and high speed with a tethered cellphone or a data card that
slips into your laptop.

You must sign a 2 year contract with the card.

You can go on a month to month data plan with the cellphone...

If you get the data card you want the one that accepts a Wilson cell antenna
adapter.

The last, and most expensive way is Internet by satellite. I can tell you
your trailer is too small for the dish... so you would need the one you set up
and take down everytime you move. The plan is 59.00 a month... the dish is about
1500.00

Hunter