Re: [A/S] Awnings / Awning Parts ?

> We're interested in making our own awning for our '76 Land Yacht ... I
> think there is a special plastic or nylon part that fits into the little
> channel that runs on the entry side of the trailer but I can't find one for
> sale. Anyone know where I could get one of these?

 If you are going to make a simple awning that you will remove each time,
there are a coule of ways you could go. For standard fabric awnings, they
just sew a 1/4" piece of rope in the end (they actually use a plastic
"polycord" now)- just fold the fabric over the cord and sew it down. You can
also (in a pinch) use 1/4" OD air brake line.
 If you are looking for something to slide in to the track to attach an awning
to, you can get "part light holders" at RV places, though I would be tempted
to just sew a number of tabs with grommets using the rope/polycord or even a
dowel.

 I am probably misunderstanding you, though...

--
Chris Bryant