Re: [A/S] Awnings / Awning Parts ?

Hi Dan,

If your awning set up is standard it was a ZipDee.  The part that fits
into the track is one long metal slider that has teeth that grab the
edge of the material.  There is a tube with  spring inside like a giant
roll up window shade on the other end.  You can still get all the parts
for these, the Cadillac of awnings, and their website is full of helpful
hints.  http://www.zipdee.com.  I still have my original 1973 Zip Dee
and when I finished redoing the stitching on it, it will be as good as new.

I would be afraid a home made one would come sailing off while under way
if left up, and if you had to thread it all in everytime you wanted to
use it , you likely would get pretty tired if it.

There are other home made vatieties, which might attach more easily.

Daisy (in Interior SD )