RE: [A/S] Camping Guides?

> I'm wondering what camping guides folks find useful?
> Trailer Life?  do you use the print guide, the CD, or the online
> subscription?
> Woodal's?

Hi John,
I use a combination when I am planning a summer's travels. I use the TL big
book, Woodall's big book, and the CD version of TL that I run on my Laptop
that goes traveling with us. I also pick up a copy of the free KOA guide
each year at the first KOA I spend the night in. I also find the Atlas put
out by TL that shows a small balloon on the maps for each town that has a
campground listed in the big book. This is helpful sense lots of campgrounds
are listed under small towns near larger towns, and you must know the name
of the town the campground is listed under in order to look one up in the
big books. The listing towns are also in bold print.
I have found that the two big books show about 80 to 90% of the same
campgrounds, but each big book has some campgrounds that are not in the
other. I usually try and update each big book every other year, and
alternate the years so I always have one big book that is for the current
year. It is quiet interesting how many campgrounds open, close, and change
names from one year to the next.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624