Re: [A/S] Where to get tires

> I need new tires on my trailer.  Last time I
> replaced them
> I got them from an Airstream dealer and they were
> quite
> expensive.  Where do you all get tires for your
> trailers?

It wouldn't surprise me that you dealer probably will
be taking the tire himself to a tire dealer since a
lot of them don't have the equipment to break a tire
down and mount it.

As far as the cost of tires go, a Goodyear Marathon
trailer tire (assuming that's what you currently have
on your trailer)in itself is not a low cost tire.  You
can call around to Goodyear dealers and get a cost.  I
think the thing I worry most about is a tire dealer
jacking the trailer up in the wrong place thus causing
damage.  If you let someone else do this job, you
probably need to personally supervise them.  I
wouldn't trust anyone to this outside my supervision,
even if I told them the jacking points.

From what I understand Sam's will not do a trailer,
but would take the wheels and mount the tires on them.
 I would guess the same goes for Walmart.  I know our
local Goodyear dealer works on trailers out in his
parking lot.

Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.
'04 Classic S.O. 30'