Re: [A/S] Acura MDX as Tow Vehicle

> In the past Range Rover has had a disproportionately low ball rating as
> compared to the tow rating. In the example given the ball rating was
> only 500 lbs, making it way underrated for towing even a 23' Airstream.

Additionally, the owners manual on some Range Rovers stated that load
equalizing hitches were not to be used with the vehicle. I believe this
may have changed with the newer models, but it's worth checking.

If the manual says no equalizing hitch, it isn't usable.

I suspect that you'll likely have some trouble with the air-suspension
on the Rover's rear, though at least the Rover can set this to a
standard height and turn off active leveling. A Discovery can't. I'm not
a big fan of air suspension augmentation on tow vehicles as the spring
rate on the front and rear needs to be similar to prevent porpoising
down the road. And, any large hitch load will strain the air suspension
with it's much larger than normal inertia.

Rick Kunath