Re: [A/S] Acura MDX as Tow Vehicle

> Thanks to y'all's good advice we decided to sell the Acura and get a used Range Rover.

I can't say as I think you're making a wise choice here either, though
it's a better choice than the Accura.

You've got a short wheelbase vehicle there in the Rover, and that's big
trouble as a tow car, in my opinion. More so because of inexperience.

I wouldn't think about towing with it, but that's me. I only have about
200,000 towed miles under my belt, others here have a lot more.

Just because some manufacturer states a vehicle has a certain towing
capacity, does not mean the vehicle won't be squirrelly and unstable
because of a short wheelbase. Just because you can drop the hitch ball
on some vehicle without breaking it in half does not mean that some day
you won't roll it as it starts a fishtailing instability death spiral
after being passed by an 18-wheeler in a high wind.

Towing can be very safe and a great pleasure. Or not, depending on the
tow vehicle chosen.

I am not trying to be hard on you here, so please, please, don't take it
that way. I'd just like to be able to run into you some day and see you
healthy and happily enjoying your trailer, with the shiny side of your
tow vehicle still up.

Rick Kunath