Re: [A/S] Service Centers

>         Joe Scudder has mentioned that they encountered low-20s
> temperatures on
>the American Adventure Southwest caravan last year.  If these temperatures
>were to occur on any of the dry-camping days, we would be very
>uncomfortable.  So, I am thinking of having a catalytic heater put in our
>trailer....

Hi Dick

You might want to check the "usual" temps at specific places on the
dates you expect to be there - go to: http://www.wunderground.com/
and enter the name of the city. Then scroll down to the "history and
almanac" section and look for "detailed history and climate (KDNL)".
Enter the date you will be there for several different years and see
what the "usual" temps are for that date.

I have used this to guesstimate if I should buy 30 amp service at
international rallies, etc, and have found it works well enough.

If you find you do need heat, don't forget that your batteries will
probably hold OK for at least one night's furnace use. Hugging your
honey tightly keeps you warm the second night...

Jerry 4404