[A/S] Replacing tail lights in an "86 Excella"

I find that the rubber like material in the lamp sockets has either
shrunk or the lamps are shorter these days... The contact between the
socket and the bulb is intermittant at best...

I would like to replace the approx 4" swuare plate that holds the
socket and is screwed to the trailer at the corners... I would like to
upgrade to LED's If possible and a recommendation of a replacement for
the socket plate either bulb or LED would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance..

Jim Clark