[A/S] Re:Cat In Trailer

**Like hunter said, if it got in it ought to be able to get back out.
Rattle
a box/can of its dinner or favorite treat.  When it gets hungry enough it
ought to be able to "figure" a way out.
**

Not necessarily.
Before the days of our A/S we had to stay in motels like common folk :) A
few years ago Hubby and I were staying in a motel down south on the way home
from FL. When we pulled up to the lobby we noticed a little cat sitting on
one of the chairs inside. When I walked in she darted away, but hovered
close enough fo rme to see that she was emaciated. The middle-eastern man
behind the counter noticed me looking at the cat and said something like
"Some customer check in with cat and check out without cat weeks ago.You
want cat? cat need to go. I try and throw cat out but cat come back. I not
feed cat and hope she dies" So we took the cat to our room and promptly
walked across the street to the Texaco Mart, which was the only store
nearby, and bought some canned tuna and milk. When we got back to the room
the cat was gone. We searched and searched and finally found her stuffed
behind a *closed* drawer in the vanity. The cat ate and drank like there was
no tomorrow. The next morning we awoke to no cat. Even after searching all
drawers again, our luggage, and everywhere (I mean HOW big is a Motel8 room
anyway!) we were about to give up. I heard a faint "mew" coming from one
side of the room near the bed. Hubby lifted up the mattress and the cat was
under there. How she stuffed herself in between the heavy mattress and that
totally sealed box-style bed frame we will never know.
Happy ending #2: Cat named "Lobby" has lived with us and our 4 other rescue
cats for 3 years. She's our little "Southern Belle".

Keep looking for kitty!!!

-Tracey