Re: [A/S] Winterize? Jacks? Mice?

> The problem with that scenario is the flat tire has not only been
> resting on the dirt, but when that dirt softens up (and perhaps becomes
> muddy from all the rain last October before the ground froze), the flat
> tire AND A PORTION OF THE WHEEL may sink into the mud.

Terry, thanks for your great suggestions.  Putting the trailer wheels on
blocks of wood is probably one of the things we will do.... also, if we use
jacks we'll put the jacks on blocks of woods as well.  We've had tires
freeze to the ground after a day of warmer temps then a night of extreme
cold.  And mud.... well that's our 4th season here in Maine!  We'll be
leaving the trailer on our dirt drive rather than in the field.   It will
also keep it closer to the house for us to check on regularly.

> If I were you, I'd go looking under the Airstream for holes the size of
> a mouse's nose and stuff those holes with material from a bronze scrub
> pad. I don't use Brillo pads anymore because they rust. Been there,
> done that, learned my lesson.

Since we're not putting the trailer in the field, I don't think there's as
much chance of mice.  BUT.... we know mice, they can find their way in a
tiny hole.  In the house I use the black tunnel type trap put out by Decon
[no poison].  They work very well.  I think we'll put a couple out in the
A/S and check on them periodicly.  Plus there are several feral cats around
helping out!

Judy - Maine
'05 Bambi
'02 Excursion