Re: [A/S] Re: Diesel Mileage

Howdy Bill,

I pulled my 34' AS to El Paso this summer and got
14mpg before the winds started to blow.  From El Paso
to Sterling City into the winds, gusting to 45, I got
9mpg.  In the mountains around Ruidoso and on up to
Taos, no wind, I got 12-13mpg.  Most of my driving
speed was 55-60.  My unloaded highway mpg is 20 - 23
depending if I drive 55 or 65.  I commute 18 miles on
the freeway and I get 18 to 19, but when I start
getting onto the streets it will drop to about 17.
Hope this will give you some idea.

Tom May.