[A/S] Re: Roof Climbing

Andy,

Absolutely, Safety is #1. Your points on running gear maintenance
are right on the mark.

One of our regular clients just showed up this afternoon with his
A/S coach. It has some fairly severe roof damage that I will photo &
post. I have talked to the other owner with the separating bulkhead
walls and will post the photos of it as well. The second unit has an
obvious diagonal, sunken line in the roof running from the rear side
of the bulkhead on the right to just forward of the fridge vent on
the left. the top is moving down and the sides are moving out.  We
have removed sections of the belly pan and inspected the frame. It
is in great condition. The axles have been repaired, the shocks
replaced, and new tires and wheels balanced.

The coach is on its second owner and is low mileage. It was still on
its first set of tires with about 3/4 tread remaining. They were
changed out due to dry rot around the bead. So I don't think it has
the structural issues that come with rocking and rolling on bad
running gear.

Brett