[A/S] Re: Water pump leak

> I know these pumps are expensive and wanted to know if rebuild kits
> were available.

AFAIK they are:  go to jabsco.com and click on customer service link
and they sould be able to help you.  You will of course need any model
numbers and serial numbers from the pump.

 if anyone has had any experience with this
> type of faliure,

I would say from my own experience that you have a pin hole leak in
the diaphragm rubber.  If the fabric core lets go as well, instant flood.

how much longer could I expect it to last with just
> using every other weekend and normal water conservation practices?

Problem is that it could let go completely at any moment.  I would get
the parts kit (diaphragm and valve seats; don't short change yourself)
now and at least have it on board until you get a moment to re-build
or (worst case scenario) the leak gets worse.  Rebuild shouldn't take
more than a half hour.  Getting pump out an back in should only be
done where delicate ears are not within hearing.  Contortion training
a large plus.

Actually the newer pumps are smaller and easier to work with, I just
replaced mine.  I did save the old PAR though, to rebuild at a later date.

Matt