Re: [A/S] Hunter's a/c Woes

> I will bet that he thinks that he is going to have a square trailer with a
> built
> in ladder to climb up and then walk across the roof to repair the unit.
> point is, I wonder if he knows how to get on the roof of a Classic without
> damaging the rounded roof or the skin, etc.

He didn't know, but he does now <g>  He put the ladder against the skin.... I
swooned and he grabbed a sheet and tucked it up under the part touching.  Not
a mark on it, I'm happy to say.

Here's the whole story, pay attention kids, there's homework. <g>  Pay
special attention Verna...

When last I wrote I was waiting for Donald the mobile repair guy at an
Albertsons.....

I was waiting and he called and said he'd be late. About 10 minutes later a
guy knocked on the trailer door. I opened it and said, "That was quick."

He said, "Are you Hunter?"

I thought to myself, what a dumb question.... how many Airstreams are sitting
here in Albertsons. <g>

"Yes."

He said, "Hi, I'm Mark..... I'm on your Airstream list!"

I was stunned. Seems he was driving by, after buying bedding and taking it to
the Flood drop off place, saw the rig and thought it might be me. How cool is
that!

We visited until Donald arrived.

I followed Donald home and he got up on the roof and pulled off the a/c
cover.  The fan motor thing wouldn't turn on its little axle. It was just gunked
up.

He cleaned it with an air compressor, water and who knows what else. Got it
running smooth and then oiled it all up.

Then he checked my furnace and my hot water heater... blew gunk and nests out
of them with the air compressor.... then he did the fridge vent.

I would say he worked for about 45 minutes, maybe an hour.

He was beyond reasonable.

It's working like a charm.  Let that be a lesson, he said to go up there and
oil the thing once a month!!!!!.... it's been 9 years /-:

If you are in the Austin area and need repairs I highly recommend this guy.

His name is Donald Hearon and his number is 512/423-6010. Save it.

Hunter, cool between Austin and Bastrop

http://members.aol.com/hhamp5246/roadtrip2005.htm