[A/S] Hunter's a/c Woes

Hi Gang,

This hot summer seems to have taken its toll on quite a few of our air
conditioners.

Mine is the most recent casualty.

Two nights ago the blower quit working on "low".  Last night it quit working
on "auto"

The a/c still makes noise when it's on, but no air blows out.  <sigh>

I'm in the Hill Country where it's almost 100 every day and it's a three day
weekend )c:

So, what's up with no blowing air?  Can this be repaired or do I need a whole
new a/c?

It sounds like it's freezing up.  When it's not blowing, and I shut it back
off, it makes a dramatic shut down noise. I recognize that noise, it's the same
when the heat pump freezes up in to cold weather.

Help! I'm dyin' here....

Hunter
http://members.aol.com/hhamp5246/roadtrip2005.htm
Alternate email: hunterhampton@gmail.com