[A/S] Denver Vintage Rally

Hello to all.

After several months of planning, several of changes of venue and
much beating of heads against walls. I have decided to cancel the
September rally in the Denver area.

Each venue we had considered came with its own unique challenges. We
had finally settled upon a campground owned by the City of Denver,
Mountain Parks Department. Much to our dismay, the lodge facility at
the campground has been withdrawn from use which would make many of
our planned activies, like meals, much more difficult and subject to
seasonally unpredictable weather. We also could not get the
necessary permits for parking in order to hold a public open house.
The final straw was the the outdoor public use areas that could be
used for meetings, tech demos, entertainment, and eating were
recently rented to a large group of tent campers. With the
anticipated rally attendees and the large group it was determined by
me that the restroom & shower facilities would be inadequate to
comfortably provide for everyone's needs. At this point it is far
too late to make a run at another location and produce an event that
I feel would be up to my standards.

We will continue working on an event for next year, perhaps in the
spring.

In the meantime we have a bus that we will be converting to a
support vehicle with restrooms, showers, water supply and a
generator with distribution systems so that we can have a rally any
darned place we want to!

Stay tuned...

Thanks for your interest and support.

Brett