[A/S] Re: Life of an Armstrong Air Conditioner - was need new A/C

Christopher-
Jonathan reports the location correctly for our model. Access is easy:
remove the fiberglass shroud, a couple pieces of sheet metal attached
with zip screws, and woila. The run capacitor is located adjacent the
compressor- away from the other components. These old Armstrongs are
built like commercial units and are easy to work on. The parts are
easily removable, and the only caution (besides un-plugging the coach,
of course..) is to de-energize the capacitors before removal, as they
can pack a whallop.

I had the run capacitor, the start capacitor and the start relay tested
at an A/C parts shop in Milwaukee. All are said to be okay, which leads
me to look elsewhere. I am hoping the compressor is not the culprit;
that's a much bigger bill.

Best,
Chris Koehn
1979 International Sovereign 31'
goin' mobile again as of 9/1

Christopher wrote: "..Chris, where are these electrical components
located?  I've never had
the exterior sroud off of mine.  How easy is the access?"