RE: [A/S] Digest Number 2603

Actually there is a repair: replace the cooling unit, which is what
Dometic wanted to do to our 2 year old unit.  We did that to the
original fridge, with a remanufactured unit, but it lasted less than a
year and we were on the opposite coast from the repair service when it
died.  Thus we replaced it with a new Dometic.  Camping world sold us
the unit with a 3 year Dometic warranty plus a 2 year Camping World
extension.  They were more than willing to replace the fridge, but
Dometic balked at that.  Dometic wanted to replace the cooling unit, but
Camping World didn't have the part and  didn't want to make the repair.
By the way, Dometic only covered the fridge, not the labor, if we hadn't
had the Camping World extension,  we would have had to pay the
installation.
Tricia & Conrad