Re: [A/S] Carry spare behind propane tanks?

>Would there be anything unsafe or problematic about carrying a spate tire
>behind the propane tanks? Seems like it could work with a short chain on
>either side around the frame for security and some bungees to hold keep it
>from moving around.

The best answer to your question is that at one time Airstream made a spare
tire carrier that fits between the propane tanks under the front window of
an Airstream Trailer. It is my understanding that carrying the spare on the
front of the trailer, either under the front, or located as you describe is
the preferred place to mount one. If you go to the www.vintageairstream.com
photo archive, I know for a fact the 1964 Airstream Ambassador shown has
this spare tire carrier as that trailer now resides in my yard...

There was a disscusion on either this list or the VAC list about sharing
plans to build and mout sutch a spare tire carrier and if you research the
archives on the Tom Patterson web site, you may find this information. It
would not be hard to fabricate such a carrier and no chains would be needed
as the carrier has a stud and clamp that holds the tire very securely...

--
Mitch Hill - K1FH
WBCCI 21960