[A/S] Vulkem around trim work??

does anyone run vulkem sealer around their trim on the outside of
their A/S? No matter how much I clean, mine seems to have green yucky
stuff that collects/grows on the top of the trim work. Maybe its the
humidity in GA, but does anyone seal their trim when they are sealing
the rest of the seams to keep this from forming? I have a '69
International Overlander and maybe I just have crap under the trim???
LOL

Also, someone made a bad attempt at repainting the aqua blue trim -
really bad - I have seen somewhere what paint to buy - do any of you
know what I should use?

Thanks
Tina