[A/S] Tire changes

In a message dated 6/20/2005 6:41:18 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
Having had several tire failures, I gave up calling the Good Sam Road
Service. I have a ramp which I use for leveling. I drive the good wheel up on  it,
raising the flat. then I have at it with the lug wrench. I also have a jack,
but I feel safer using the ramp. It's lots faster too, and I don't have to
find a good surface as I would with the jack.
I would recommend a spare. We had a flat last fall, and spent the night in  a
friend's driveway in Suffern, NY a very heavily populated part of the world,
[about 10 miles from the Tappan Zee bridge]. We called 7 tire dealers before
we  found the size and the Special Trailer tire we needed. I bought two to
replace  two Carlisles, and got an off-brand, all we could find. So the tires you
need  may not be readily available when you need them.

Carol &  Fritz
Airstream Excella
Chevvy Suburban
SKP 74811