RE: [A/S] Crossing safety chains

Huh?  The cords only keep the *chains* off of the pavement.  The crossed
chains hold the hitch, if the ball breaks.

        Which reminds me of a nursery rhyme I leaned as a child

        "If the ball breaks
        The Airstream will fall
        Down tumbles Hunter, Daisy and all

        Or as Motown said it so well....
                Chain, Chain Chain
                Chain of l,,,o,,,,,v,,,,,,e...

I must confess to having used the chains to drag my previous trailer, a
Boler, across a campground in New York State a few years back. I thought "My
all these  New Yorkers were very friendly". They were waving at us as we
left and we were waving back and it wasn't till we hit the gravel on the
road that I realized we were only connected to the Boler, by the chains of
love.

 I guess the little clamp wasn't down to hold the thingy under the ball.
When we hit a bump, off she went. Fortunately we didn't kill any campers
with an escaped Boler. It sure was embarrassing and it would have given
Bowling a whole new meaning! Also I found that a tow bar makes a handy
plough.

Highly decorated member of the Stupid Squad

Sarge