Re: [A/S] Suburban/"Lockup"

Hunter, my neighbor who is a tool and die engineer
pointed this out to me when he saw me twisting mine
when I first bought my Safari.  I have also found
others who back this statement up.  It has something
to do with the fact that the links are twisted which
which compounds the stress placed on them if they are
required to carry the hitch weight of a trailer.  In
some cases the combined force exceeds the strength of
the link.

I'll see if I can come up with the details.

Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.
'04 Classic S.O. 30'
WBCCI 5024