[A/S] First trip in 1.5 years

Well we are back from our first trip out in 1 and 1/2 years.  The reason
for the long delay between trips was I have had Esophageal Cancer and have
just started getting my strength back after surgery a year ago.  We left
home on the 27th of May to go to Marianne's Mother's house for her 75th
birthday.  First day out we stopped mid way at Grandpa's Farm in the east
most part of Indiana. It's a quaint and small campground off the beaten
path, yet in easy reach of the highway (I-70).  We didn't have reservations
and I was worried that being the holiday weekend that we might have
problems, however, the folks in charge managed to fit us in with no
problems.  A very friendly place and highly recommended.
The next day we made it on in to Washington PA, where we were to stay for 4
nights before starting home.  We stayed at the Washington KOA.  IF road
noise does not bother you then this is a viable campground and the rates
were not too bad for a holiday weekend.  For us coming in from the country
and not being able to see our nearest neighbor it was simply to noisy for
us.  It is located right at the confluence of I-70 and I-79 so the road
noise comes from two directions.  On the bright side while we were in the
area we scouted a small older campground that is off the highway and in the
country that we will use the next time we go in.
On Wednesday we started back for home with a three day stop planned for
Dayton OH and the Air Force Museum.  Here we stayed on the Air Base (we're
both retired military) at the Fam Camp.  If you can stay there we highly
recommend it as well.  For me the highlight of the trip is always the
museum as I get to see some of the projects that I worked on while in the
AF and learn that I can actually tell Marianne what I was truly doing all
the days spent away from home. If you like aviation or the military in
general you really need to see this museum.  Plan two days, three if ones a
Friday would be even better.
On a final note up until this year we had been pulling with a F-150, after
upgrading to a F-250 with a Powerstroke I find that I am much more relaxed
driving.  Seems the truck rides better and is more stable, not to mention
has scads of power.
Lessons Learned:
1.  No matter how many lists you make, how hard you try to  remember what
you took last time you will forget something important.
2.  The tools you carry are not the ones you need.
3.  check the band clamps on the drain hose _before every_ dump.  If you
don't that will be the time the clamp was loose.
4.  Hook up the night before you leave, it makes leaving so much easier and
you don't start out tired.
5.  Make sure you have all your discount cards (Good Sam, KOA, Flying J and
your ERS card) with you.

Mike and Marianne Keith
WBCCI 4503, Greater St Louis 3rd VP
New Florence, MO